Please complete the Trail Certification Application once you have read the process of trail certification and understand the costs involved. Submitting an Application does not commit you to any payment or the certification process. Upon receipt of your Application, we will contact you to learn more about your trail, land, programming, and to review the certification process. Once we have approved your application, then you will be connected with an ANFT Trail Certification Consultant who will guide you through the certification process. Consultants are ANFT-Certified Forest Therapy Guides who have additional training in trail assessment and certification.
When you meet with an ANFT Trail Certification Consultant they will request a signed Memorandum of Understanding between the land managers and ANFT regarding the benefits and responsibilities of trail certification. This is a standard template provided by ANFT. Land managers are also required to sign an agreement between themselves and the ANFT Guide Consultant detailing the benefits, responsibilities, and fees for contracting the consultant.
• $375 USD to ANFT before proceeding to Phase 1
• $375 USD to ANFT during Phase 3 to finalize trail certification
• Trail Consultant fees will vary, but will be established in the MOU between the trail owner and consultant
• Trail modification costs, signage, marketing materials
• $200 USD Annual Recertification paid to ANFT, plus Trail Certification Consultant fees for a trail assessment.