Forest Therapy Guide Training at Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre
where forest meets healing
August 6 -13, 2017
Conveniently located just 45 minutes drive from Ottawa International Airport, Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre exemplifies the vision of a forest wellness centre. Dr. Katherine Willow, N.D. is the director of the Centre. The Centre is a hub for a vibrant community of health and wellness practitioners. That means that, in addition to our acclaimed Forest Therapy Guide Training Program, participants will have the option to book and participate in additional wellness services, such as massage, reiki, yoga, meditation, and more (note: these services available by private arrangement, not included in tuition or lodging).
2017 is Canada's 150th birthday. Plan to stay and join the many celebrations in the area!
- Tuition for the six-month Guide Training and Certification Program is $3210 USD. This includes the week-long intensive training and six months of mentored practicum. It does not include travel, lodging, ground transportation, or meals. Please check current exchange rates for conversion to CDN or other currencies.
- Participants are responsible for paying for their own B&B, camping or hotel costs.
- Carp Ridge is a Bed and Breakfast accommodation participants can book on a first-come first-served basis. All accommodations include bed, breakfast and lunch. Prices include taxes and gratuities. Please call Ellie and she will guide you through the options.
- Carp Ridge has four rooms with two beds each that offer a wonderful sleep on organic mattresses with all cotton linens. They also have some cabins and two prospector tents. The prices below include bed, breakfast and lunch for the entire workshop.
B&B single beds…two in a room: each person’s price is $125 CDN, per night.
Cabins: CREC provides basic linens for all cabins. Ellie will explain the variety of options to you:
Strawbale cabins: $65 CDN
Prospector tents: $85 CDN (these include composting toilets)
Painted cabins: $65 CND
Tents: If you wish, and if you have your own tenting gear, CREC will direct you to a camping spot.
$45 CND per night includes breakfast and lunch.
- CREC provides breakfast and lunch to those lodging with them.
- Lunch will be available for any participants who are not staying at the CREC for a payment of $20.00 per day (this includes taxes and gratuities)
- CREC will provide a menu of organic food choices respecting special diets requested by participants. They use mostly organic and local foods and enjoy picking veg from their garden and wildcrafting in the forest. CREC is proud of their food which they prepare to nourish your body, to honor the planet and bring interest to those at table.
- You may wish to travel to one of the neighboring villages or the city for dinners. CREC will provide you with information on options when you arrive. If you would like to eat dinner with them, the dinner package is $25 CDN per night on a pre-booked basis.
- When you call to book lodging and/or meals, tell Ellie from CREC about any food intolerance's or preferences.
- The B&B policies are avaiable for review at https://ecowellness.com/accommodation-policies/
If you have any questions, please email or phone Ellie for answers: email@example.com phone : 613-839-1198
Contact: Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre, 2386 Thomas A. Dolan Parkway, Ottawa (Carp) ON | 613-839-1198 firstname.lastname@example.org