Our New Zealand Training Grounds:
Aio Wira Retreat Center
The New Zealand Maori words 'Aio Wira' mean 'peace wheel'. It is a symbol for moving in the world from the centre of peace within ourselves. Come to Aio Wira to find that peace, renew your energy, and deepen your understanding of yourself, of nature, and of your place in the world.
Of all the forests we've guided in and experienced around the world, Cascades Kauri Park may be our favorite. On the edge of this fabulous park is an equally fabulous retreat center, Aio Wira. Nearby Te Henga beach offers another kind of experience of nature therapy. Below is a gallery of photos from our 2016 training at Aio Wira. Join us in November 2018 for a deep immersion in the magical, powerful forests of New Zealand.
About Aio Wira Retreat Center
- A world-famous yoga retreat center known for its affordable, comfortable accommodations and small-group intimacy in a spectacular setting.
- Accommodation is in small, comfortable indoor dormitories.
- All meals are fully catered and vegetarian. Please contact the center if you have any additional special dietary needs.
- Bedding and towels are not provided. Please bring your own towel and either a sleeping bag or 2 sheets and a pillow case.
- Accommodation and catering is included together for a daily fee. This is not included in the tuition. You can either pay by eftpos on arrival or pre-arrival to BNZ Henderson 02 0 152 0309533 00.
- Transportation: Fly to Auckland Airport. From the airport you can bus to Auckland city; get off at Mt Eden (approx 1/2 hr cost $18). From there walk across the road to the train station and travel to Swanson (40 mins cost $8). Call Aio Wira at 09810 9396 to arrange pick up at train station. No cell phone coverage at Aio Wira so texting is not an option.
Tuition for the six-month Guide Training and Certification Program is $3410 USD. This includes the week-long intensive training and six months of mentored practicum. It does not include travel, lodging, ground transportation, or meals. Please check current exchange rates for conversion to NZD or other currencies.